St Mary’s: Stone & Nature Introduction
Many of us will be missing attending St Mary’s during this time of pandemic and lockdown, whether it is to a regular church service, attending the soup kitchen/mini market, the churchyard group or an event. Some may be able to walk or drive by and take some comfort from being outside but for those that are self-isolating, perhaps as they are in the ‘vulnerable’ category or for other reasons, this is not possible.
We have therefore decided to hold a Facebook ‘event’ that will be mirrored on the church website. The event by no means will make up for the events that have had to be cancelled; it is an event you attend at home free of charge, but it is an opportunity, for those that are intererested, to come together and be involved.
We are holding a photography exhibition called, ‘St Mary’s: Stone and Nature’. It will be held from Friday 8th May to Sunday 10th May.
It is hoped that by exhibiting photographs taken of inside St Mary’s Church and the churchyard, this will bring joy and comfort to people during this pandemic.
We would love this to be a success, but it can only happen with your help. Please share with us one or more photographs of the church or churchyard that you have taken in the past. We are not encouraging you to go out and take new photographs.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 1st May.
Please send your photographs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to send multiple photographs (we want you to!) please remember to give each image a different file name. When we have images of the same file name from the same person they are overwritten during the submission process.
Terms & Conditions
By submitting your photographs you consent to St Mary’s Church, Chirk, publishing your photographs on this website or on Facebook as part of the event St Mary’s: Stone & Nature. We may edit your photographs to display them effectively and we cannot guarantee that all contributions will be published online.
It is important to remember that you must be the copyright holder of any images you send us, or you must have the permission of the copyright holder. The copyright holder is usually the person who took the photograph or created the image. When you send us the images you will still own the copyright but you grant St Mary’s Church a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use your photographs.
Please only send us items which:
- Are appropriate (not abusive, offensive or disruptive)
- Are relevant to the topic
- Do not contain either your own or others’ personal information
- Keep children or vulnerable adults safe (we take safeguarding very seriously). We won’t re-publish photographs where children can be identified. This is to protect them.
- Are not illegal, encourage illegal activity, or are defamatory
- Respect everyone’s rights (including privacy rights)
- Were made by you and are not a copy of something made by somebody else.
- If they include people, those people know that you are sharing on social media and agree to this.