Electoral Roll 2022

Published by J Brown on

As required by the Constitution of the Church in Wales, the Electoral Roll of every parish and Mission Area in Wales must be re-written this year. Below, you will find all of the information required about this process in our churches of St David Froncysyllte and St Mary Chirk. The current Electoral Roll will be destroyed an anybody wishing to be on the new Roll must complete the application form – no names are carried over to the new Roll.

Notification of Revision:

The signed copies of the Notification are on display at the churches.

Electoral Roll Privacy Notice


Why do I need to be on the electoral roll ?

(Information for Anglicans and for members of other churches)

What is the Electoral Roll?

It is a list of names of the lay people of the parish, who are aged 16 and over, and who fill the conditions below.

Why does my name need to be on it?

Because only those whose names are on the Electoral Roll can:

  • stand for election to, and vote for, the Parochial Church Council;
  • be eligible to be a Churchwarden and vote for the People’s Warden;
  • vote for representatives on the Area Deanery Conference and the Diocesan Conference.

What are the Conditions?

“That I am qualified according to the provisions of Section 4(2) of Chapter IVC of Volume I of the Constitution of the Church in Wales.” This means:

(2)    A lay person who is over sixteen years of age shall be entitled to have his or her name                entered on the Roll if he or she:

        (a)    (i)     is a Communicant; and

                 (ii)    is not a member of any religious body which is not in communion with the                              Church in Wales, without the written dispensation of the Diocesan Bishop                                     from this requirement;

        (b)    is resident in the parish, or, if not so resident, has habitually attended public worship in                  that parish during a period of six months prior to enrolment;

        (c)    has signed a form of application for enrolment; and

        (d)    does not have his or her name entered on the Roll of another Parish in Wales, save                       with the consent of the Parochial Church Councils of both parishes.

How do I go about it?

Complete, sign and date the form below then return it to the Incumbent or PCC Secretary.

What then?

A list of the names on the Electoral Roll will be collated into a list, which is available for inspection prior to the Vestry Meeting each year. You can therefore check that your name has been entered and that your details are accurate.

If at any time you want your name removed, all you have to do is to request the Incumbent or the PCC Secretary in writing that it is removed. Every five years, a new roll is prepared, which means you will need to re-apply.

Note: Data Protection

The information on this form will be held on the electoral roll of the parish in accordance with Chapter IV C of the Constitution of the Church in Wales (which is available on the Church in Wales website www.churchinwales.org.uk) and the Parish’s Electoral Roll Privacy Notice (which is either available in church or on request from the parish office/Incumbent).

Categories: General