Information for visitors
Welcome / Croeso
Visitors are always very welcome to our church of Saint Mary, an impressive Grade I listed building.
We are open for visiting outside services times:
Summer: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Winter: 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
There may be times when the church has to close to visitors for maintenance or private services. The church warden reserve the right altar these times without notice.
How to find us
St Mary’s is located in the town centre at the southern end of Chirk, at the junction of Church Street/Stryt Yr Eglwys (B5070) and Trevor Road/Ffordd Trevor, opposite the Ceiriog Valley road (Castle Road/ Ffordd Y Gastell).
- Car parking
- Wheelchair access
- Loop system for hard of hearing
- Information Centre
- Church guidebook
- Local shops
- Children are very welcome to all of our services. There is a children’s area at the back of the church where many younger children prefer to go during, of for part of, the service – this has books, colouring activities etc. There is a regular Sunday Club for children.
- There is a family service on the first Sunday of every month. This is a shorter, more family orientated service.
- The churches in Chirk have a monthly Messy Church, the dates and times of this are in the Events diary. This is usually held in the Methodist Church.
The following information is provided to assist you with your visit. If you require any further information, please contact the vicar.
- There is parking provision directly outside the church;
- We are on local bus route, very close to the town centre bus stops; There are no steps between the bus stop and the church.
- There are no steps to church entrance;
- Aisles are wide enough for wheelchairs ;
- There is a low step up into each pew;
- Doorways to both the tower and organ loft are narrow, with steep stairs.
- One step to Altar, although communion can easily be received without using this step.
- If you would like communion brought to your seat during the service, please let one of the church wardens or sidespeople know before the service starts.
- Large print hymn books.
- Loop and PA system
- Working towards being a dementia friendly church
- The church hall is normally accessed via the vestry, down a short flight of steps with handrails. However, ramp access is available from outside – please speak to a church warden or congregation member if you need this access.
- The newsletter sheets which are given out each week are also posted on this website, should you wish to use a screen reader.