Update: Coronavirus (COVID-19) 17th March 2020
This evening, the Bench of Bishops of the Church in Wales have issued a pastoral declaration in light of new governmental guidance on the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As both St Mary’s (Chirk) and St David’s (Froncysyllte) are part of the Church in Wales, we are sad to inform you that we must stop all the following with immediate effect:
- Regular Thursday and Sunday services at St Mary’s, Chirk, and St David’s, Froncysyllte;
- All study groups and prayer groups;
- All children’s activities, including Toddlers Group and Sunday Club;
- All Tuesday lunches and market activities;
- Bereavement café;
- Dementia Friendly Church;
- Bell ringing, and lessons;
- Churchyard Group;
- Friendship Guild.
We are now considering how best to support our congregations and community and will issue further information on the church website (www.stmaryschirk.org.uk) and Facebook page (@stmaryschirk) when it becomes necessary. We will continue to follow all relevant guidance and direction from the Bench of Bishops, Public Health Wales, and Welsh Government.