Welcome / Croeso
Visitors are always very welcome to our church of Saint Mary’s, an impressive Grade I listed building.
We are open for visiting outside services times:
During School Term Time: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Easter & Summer Holidays: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturdays: Open all day
How to find us
St Mary’s is located in the town centre at the southern end of Chirk, at the junction of Church Street/Stryt Yr Eglwys (B5070) and Trevor Road/Ffordd Trevor, opposite the Ceiriog Valley road (Castle Road/ Ffordd Y Gastell).
- Car parking
- Wheelchair access
- Loop system for hard of hearing
- Information Centre
- Church guidebook
- Local shops
The following information is provided to assist you with your visit. If you require any further information, please contact the vicar.
- There is disabled parking provision;
- We are on local bus route, very close to the town centre bus stops;
- There are no steps to church entrance;
- The entrance doorways are narrow;
- Aisles are wide enough for wheelchairs ;
- There is a low step into each pew;
- One step to Altar
- If you would like communion brought to your seat during the service, please let one of the church wardens know.
- Large print hymn books.
- Loop and PA system
- The church hall is normally accessed via the vestry, down a short flight of steps. However, ramp access is available via the rear of the hall – please speak to a church warden if you require this access.